Blasco Giurato co cinematographer
Born in Rome, 7/6/1941, he made a professional training with a series of short-lenght films, winning the Florence “Festival dei Popoli” with “The furthest island”.
His camera operator career begun at the side of Dario Di Palma, then Rotunno and Kuveiller, collaborating with the greatest directors of the period, such as Fellini (“I Clowns”, “Roma”), Zurlini, Gregoretti, Giraldi, Questi, Wertmuller, Vancini, Pasolini, Maselli,
Petri, Monicelli, Lumet, Bolognini, Pontecorvo, etc.
In 1975 he started working as a Director of Photography with a TV drama by Daniele d’Anza, “La Baronessa di Carini”, an huge success still nowadays, and Eriprando
Visconti’s “La Orca”, which brought him immediately his first “Nastro d’Argento” and “David di Donatello” nomination for best cinematography. Throughout his career he’s been often requested for commercials.
In 1985 he had his first collaboration with Giuseppe Tornatore for the film “Il Camorrista”, followed by “Nuovo Cinema Paradiso”, “Everybody’s fine”, “A pure formality”.
Essential award list
- Benigno Vincitore festival di Giffoni 2008
- Ballerina 2007 best cinematography: Premio Vasto film Festival,
- Premio Festival dello stretto, Premio Charlot Paestum,
- Premio Totò Mendicino corto
- Zhivago nomination RTS Craft awards 2003 best cinematography
- Piazza delle Cinque lune nomination Globo d’Oro 2002/03 best cinematography
- Due amici Leoncino d’oro Venezia festival 2002
- Nomination European Film Awards 2002
- Nomination Globo d’Oro 2002/03 best cinematography
- Nomination nastro d’argento 2002 best cinematography
- Vajont nomination Grolla d’oro 2001 best cinematography
- Nomination Nastro d’argento 2002 best cinematography
- Premio Fellini 2002
- Time to love nomination Grolla d’Oro 1999 best cinematography
- Ferdinando e Carolina nomination David di Donatello 1998 best cinematography
- Del perduto amore Grolla d’oro 1998 best cinematography
- Nomination Ciak d’Oro 1997 best cinematography
- Nomination Nastro d’Argento 1997 best cinematography